Product Spotlight: KM 8000S Asphalt Hotbox Reclaimer
Our KM 8000S asphalt hotbox is a popular, powerful option for larger road maintenance projects.
The 4-ton, skid-mounted hotbox is known for its excellent heat retention capabilities, ease of use, and temperature control for enhanced fuel efficiency.
With our asphalt hotbox reclaimers such as the KM 8000S, you can reheat asphalt that has cooled down, so you don’t have to waste product, money, or time.
Overview of the KM 8000S Asphalt Hotbox Reclaimer
• The KM 8000S asphalt hotbox reclaimer can hold up to 8,000 pounds of asphalt.
• It can maintain asphalt temperatures for up to 2 days.
• The reclaimer can be mounted onto a flatbed truck or trailer.
• The unit features triple-wall construction with 3” of high-efficiency insulation.
• This asphalt hotbox reclaimer is thermostatically controlled for higher fuel efficiency.
• The unit is capable of maintaining hot mix asphalt for up to 48 hours.
• The unit is available in a propane-fired system or diesel-fired system.
• The KM 8000S has two front-to-back loading doors with cantilever handles.
• It features dual shovel ports with inside walls tapered toward the shovel port. Located at the rear of the unit, the two shoveling ports enable multiple operators to work simultaneously. Each shovel port is 16 inches high and 20 inches wide.
• It is constructed of welded steel throughout, including the outer shell, floor, top, asphalt compartment, and shovel deck platform.
Dimensions & Sizes
• The propane model is 75” x 82” x 68” and 1,400 pounds.
• The diesel model is 95” x 82” x 68” and 1,960 pounds.
• The storage bin is 64” x 72” x 56” from the base to the peak.
Control Panel & Heating Features
• The diesel control panel incorporates a programmable logic controller, and it monitors and controls heating temperatures from 50 degrees to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It displays real-time asphalt load and combustion chamber temperatures.
• The propane heater is 60,000 BTU, and the diesel heating element is 105,000 BTU.
• The diesel burner is controlled digitally with PLC and HMI systems.
See our YouTube channel to watch our asphalt maintenance equipment in action, or contact us for details. You may also order asphalt hotboxes through our website or a distributor near you.