Asphalt Maintenance Equipment Product Spotlight: KM 1000 Asphalt Hotbox Reclaimer
If you’re looking for asphalt maintenance equipment for smaller-scale projects, the KM 1000 asphalt hotbox reclaimer is a versatile solution that offers the results you need.
This lightweight, skid-mounted portable reclaimer is perfect for paths along golf courses, trails in parks, sidewalks, and other narrow areas. It can hold up to 1,000 pounds of material and fits easily into the back of a utility vehicle or pickup truck.
Featuring triple-wall construction, the KM 1000 asphalt hotbox reclaimer is thermostatically controlled and has a single shovel port.
Following are additional benefits of using the KM 1000 or any of our other asphalt hotboxes for your road construction or repair projects:
1. Asphalt temperatures can be maintained for up to three days, saving you time.
2. Users can reheat bulk stored or leftover virgin hot mix asphalt, saving you money.
3. With an asphalt hotbox reclaimer, you can make repairs all year long, allowing you to continue progress while keeping your employees working even in the winter season.
4. You don’t have to discard leftover asphalt, which saves you time, money, and may even protect the environment from waste and unnecessary emissions.
As a long-time asphalt maintenance equipment manufacturer in Michigan, KM International is committed to helping customers work more efficiently while creating the results their customers demand.
The KM 1000 is only one of several types of road construction and maintenance products available through our manufacturing company. We also offer:
• Four additional asphalt hotbox reclaimers of varying capacities (2-ton trailer mounted, 2-ton skid mounted, 4-ton trailer mounted, 4-ton skid mounted)
• Four infrared asphalt recyclers
• Crack maintenance equipment
• Various tools and products for road construction and maintenance projects
For more information about any of our road maintenance products, visit our website or speak with a KM International distributor near you.
KM 1000 Asphalt Hotbox Reclaimer Specifications
• It is 59 inches long, 34 inches wide, and 34 inches high.
• It weighs 375 pounds and has a half-ton capacity.
• The heating element is a 60,000 BTU propane burner.
• The filling door includes a single, insulated lid.
• The walls of the single shovel port taper toward the port for ease of use.
• It features 2 to 3 inches of high efficiency fiberglass insulation.
• All elements are made of welded steel, including the skin, top, and asphalt compartment.