If you are looking for an asphalt rubber melter, KM International’s KM 55 offers many excellent features that can make your asphalt repair projects faster and easier.
Our 55-gallon asphalt rubber melter is triple-wall constructed and thermostatically controlled, which allows for more accurate heating of material. As a result, you can use half the amount of propane you would in a direct fire melter, which can help save you time and money. It is compatible with direct fire or oil-jacketed material.
KM 55 Asphalt Rubber Melter Features
In addition to its thermostatically controlled heating system, the rubber melting kettle provides heat retention. The air-jacketed unit also offers high-efficiency insulation.
With the KM 55, asphalt rubber can be ready for use in less than one hour. It also offers easy pour solutions through a 2-inch flow valve that extends out on each side of the machine. With this smart design, filling rubber applicators is simple and efficient.
When you purchase the asphalt rubber melter for your projects, the unit will come equipped with a utility hand torch that offers the ability to heat up the flow valve, as well as other hand tools for optimal working conditions. The torch features a 6-foot hose that draws from the LPG tank, and an on/off control valve will be attached to the torch.
Following are some of the specifications about the KM 55 asphalt rubber melting kettle you may wish to know.
• It is 77.5 inches long, 34 inches wide, and 34 inches high.
• The kettle weighs 340 pounds.
• It can hold up to 55 gallons of material.
• It has a 50,000 BTU propane heating system.
• The user can control the temperature settings through a thermostat with a range of 100 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
• It features high-efficiency insulation for maximum heat retention.
• It has a 360-degree agitation paddle. Users can place the agitation handle on the left or right side of the unit as needed.
• The gas control valve power is supplied by a self-maintaining, 750MV power pile generator.
• It is manually ignited through an electric, 9-volt igniter.
• The main gas control valve includes a safety shut-off feature in the event of pilot failure.
• The burner system features an access point for easy maintenance and adjustments.
• The skin is constructed of 16-gauge steel, and the funnel is made of 14-gauge steel. The opening lid consists of 20-gauge steel.
The KM 55 asphalt rubber melter includes a one-year manufacturer’s warranty on all defective parts and workmanship.
Industry-Leading Asphalt Maintenance Machines from KM International
When you buy road maintenance machines and tools from KM International, you can feel confident that you chose the best in the industry.
Based in Michigan, KM International has been a leading asphalt maintenance equipment manufacturer for more than 30 years. Today, it operates out of a 36,000-square-foot building and employs 40 skilled, experienced, and talented professionals. KM International’s machines and tools can be found throughout the United States as well is in 44 countries around the world.
KM International is committed to manufacturing reliable, versatile equipment that meets your needs and that of your customers. We strive to build long-lasting relationships with our clients, and we go above and beyond to meet and exceed their expectations.
Contact us for additional details about the KM 55 asphalt rubber melter, for a quote, or for more information about KM International. Purchase the KM 55 from a distributor near you.